A little about us

Hello and welcome to Mod Mob. A lifestyle blog by two childhood friends, Emma and Brenda. Both originally from Ireland, Emma currently lives in London and Brenda near Boston. We love to talk about food, style, travel, photography, kids, love, and design. If you like you can find out more in our about page and if you want you can drop us a line at modmobdesign@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mod Style :Black French Manicure- yea or nay?

Via Pshiiit

I have never been one for taking care of my nails. I rarely, if ever paint them. I do however like to paint my toe-nails black. If anything it covers their freakiness and the black is just easy. It pretty much goes with anything. I must say though I came across this black French manicure late last night via a French blog called Phiiiist.com and I think I might just have to try it.

It's all in french but if nail polish is your thing you must visit Phiiist here on their blog or here on their Facebook page. Their motto is 'nail polish is life'.....and there are lots of pictures.

Brenda x

6 comments:

  1. I like it, but I think I'm a traditionalist at heart, and I have to admit I prefer the normal French manicure look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I have always been a bit of a tom-boy and am not really girly. I suppose it suits me to have 3 boys. The whole weekly mani. has been lost on me here. It is different though !
      Brenda x

      Delete
    2. Weekly mani!!! Hahahaha! I cannot imagine finding the time, and I only have one boy. Growing up in a house with three brothers meant that manis weren't high on the to-do list there either. So these days, it's a treat for special occasions! :)

      Delete
    3. I know, funny but true. When we first got here we couldn't find a small shop to buy a loaf in late at night but there are about ten nail-bars here. It drives my husband crazy ! They even have them for mothers and daughters to go together, I mean really little girls. They have mini chairs and everything :)

      Delete
  2. I must say that I am a real girlie girl and I envy people who can have a weekly manni, you see I entered the wrong profession, NURSING; there is no place for nail varnish let alone French manicures. Nails must be kept short, clean and free of any foreign substances!!! If I could, I would definitely go with the traditional French manicure, roll on retirement!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will treat you to one next time, promise x

      Delete

It's nice to be nice, that means you anonymous.