A little about us

Hello and welcome to Mod Mob. A lifestyle blog by two childhood friends, Emma and Brenda. Both originally from Ireland, Emma currently lives in London and Brenda near Boston. We love to talk about food, style, travel, photography, kids, love, and design. If you like you can find out more in our about page and if you want you can drop us a line at modmobdesign@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mod Erin Style : Irish fashion fix

This Saturday night I will be attending a formal event with my husband, and it being St Patrick's night I want to represent the Irish in style. Of course as always I have left my dress hunt to the last minute, but had I not and planned in advance I could have had the outfit of my dreams on its way to Boston from any of the growing number of online Irish boutiques. 

Let me introduce you to some of my favourites, so that the next time you want to 'represent', you know where to go for your Irish fashion fix.

Described as a 'whimsical wonderland' and run by designers Wendy Crawford, Eilis Boyle, and Margaret O Rourke, Bow is an independent store located in Dublin's Powerscourt Townhouse. In 2011 they launched their online store that stocks a diverse range of Irish designers, jewelry, accessories ,and unique vintage finds. 


I love the story behind Chupi, another of my favourite online Irish stores. The founder, Chupi Sweetman, describes her younger self as 'the kid covered with glitter and glue, the one making some new crazy thing out of paper mache'. From there she went on to study fashion and was picked by Topshop scouts in her first year of college and has since added jewelry designer to her name.  Chupi promises that none of their designs are mass produced and that each piece 'is handmade with love in Ireland'. If its colourful, pretty, frocks you 're after this is the place to find them.



If vintage is more your style then you will love Shutterbug. Set up by brother and sister Eoin and Blanaid Hennessy, Shutterbug is both a vintage store and photography studio. Blanaid finds and posts their fabulous vintage pieces onto their Facebook page, where they can be put 'on hold' simply by commenting on the photo as soon as it is posted. 


Finally, my newest Etsy find, Mercury Orchid. Etsy seller Lenita, based in Sligo, describes herself as 'lover of Vintage Indian textiles, Huge, huge, huge sterling silver rings, All things Morroccan, Cats, Travel, Photography, Flea Markets, Books, books, books, Huge leather bags, Potatoes ... full stop, Green eyeliner, Sequins and glitz - And not forgetting the most important ones:), My son, My daughter, My husband'', don't ya just love her already ? I love her for her beautiful statement pieces. I firmly believe that this is the place to invest your hard earned dollars or euros.












5 comments:

  1. Love the idea behind shutterbug...auction like ! Will have to keep my peepers on that page. Those rings from Mercury Orchid are just gorgeous ! Would have been great for Saturday night !How is that your are more up to date with Irish fashion than me and you're in Boston now ?
    Orla O x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Orla, love the shutterbug idea too but you really need to be quick ! The Mercury orchid etsy page is so beautiful and there were so much to choose from would easily have featured them all ! Oh the power of t'internet for keeping up with whats going on at home !

      Delete
  2. Beautiful feature Brenda. Thanks so much.
    I hope you find that perfect outfit for Saturday night:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Lenita,

      Glad you liked it. Keep in touch !

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much! Also for intoducing us to Mercury Orchid - stunning!

    xBlanaid in shutterbug

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to be nice, that means you anonymous.