A little about us

Hello and welcome to Mod Mob. A lifestyle blog by two childhood friends, Emma and Brenda. Both originally from Ireland, Emma currently lives in London and Brenda near Boston. We love to talk about food, style, travel, photography, kids, love, and design. If you like you can find out more in our about page and if you want you can drop us a line at modmobdesign@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mod Eats: my top 5 pasta dishes


I love nothing better than tucking into a hot bowl of pasta. Add a fresh crusty loaf, a sprinkling of your favourite cheese, a glass of wine and it's comfort food at it's very best. My three boys simply adore pasta and would pretty much eat it everyday of the week if they could. I have tried and tested many pasta recipes for our table over the years, and today I want to share my top 5 pasta recipes with you, so you can try and test them too.  
Click the heading for a link to each recipe.


My absolute favourite pasta recipe of all time is this pasta bolognese from the lovely food blog family friendly food. This is the pasta recipe I go to again and again. It calls for simple ingredients, is fuss free, and tastes divine. It really is a family friendly pasta recipe and always a crowd pleaser in my house. I have used red and white wine in this one, and I think it tastes great either way. Make sure to cook up a big batch every time as it is really at it's best on day 2. 


You really have to throw the diet out the window with this recipe. I love this dish so much that my mouth is literally watering as I type. It comes from Rachel Allens, Rachel's Favourite Food. It has a kick so if you have any fussy eaters in the house, I would advise replacing the chorizo with a good pork sausage and omit the chilli flakes. It's a fantastic pasta dish either way. It smells absolutely divine as it simmers, due to the addition of the rosemary. This pasta dish will have them hovering in the kitchen and the great thing is it's quick. It can be ready to tuck into by the time they have washed those dirty hands and set the table. . 


I love a bit of Jamie. This recipe is from his 30 minute meals collection. I loved this channel 4 series on T.V. , but was never home and ready in time to cook along. This recipe has a lot of ingredients but is well worth the effort. I must admit that my one fussy eater does not like this one but everyone else is a big fan. I love it as a summer pasta dish and it's great cold too. It's different, tastes great, does have a kick and can really be ready and on the table in 30 minutes. Bish, bash, bosh, simple as you like- as Jamie would say himself. 


This one is for the grown ups unless you have really adventurous eaters. Giada De Laurentiis is one of my new day time T.V. buddies here in New England and has a lovely food slot on The Food Network. I caught the episode where she makes this dish by chance a few months back, and boy am I glad I did. It is a delicious pasta treat with a serious full flavour and is fast becoming my favourite pesto dish too. The pesto alone is so delicious and it keeps well stored in an airtight container in the fridge. I keep some aside to spread on chicken wraps or just sit and dunk mini crackers in it. Anyway you have it, it's divine. 
P.S. arugula is what they call rocket here in the U.S. 


Nothing screams comfort food like a great bowl of pasta carbonara. A classic Italian dish and another quick but satisfying family meal, this is my kind of fast food. I only found this recipe for this blog post as carbonara is one pasta dish I have never needed to save a recipe for . I watched some T.V. chef make it years ago and it is so simple that I never even had to write it down. This is my boys favourite lunch and one they can even manage to pull together all by themselves. 

Happy Cooking Everyone.

P.S. Link-with-love and share a link to your favourite pasta dish below. I'd love to try it.

Brenda x



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to be nice, that means you anonymous.